There are various reasons why customers consider the switch from QLink to SafeLink. Q Link Wireless and SafeLink Wireless are one of the best wireless services. But as naturally human beings, you will be inclined to a change. Both companies offer wireless services to members who participate in government programs.
Q Link is a telecommunications company that provides its users with affordable services. Its goal is to make telecommunication services more affordable and accessible. On the other hand, SafeLink is also a telecommunications company that offers wireless services. It also offers cell phone plans. This article will guide you on how to make the change as well as other details you may need.
Some Differences Between SafeLink and Q Link Wireless
What are the differences between SafeLink and Qlink wireless? See below ones
To enroll in both wireless services, you need to qualify for government assistance programs. You also need to have certain income requirements. The difference is that the eligibility criteria are not the same. Both companies have different eligibility criteria that you should check before switching.
Both companies offer service plans, limited texts, talk, and data. However, they differ in terms of the additional features. They also have higher data limits in terms of plans. Compare the plans and choose the one that fits you.
Q Link and SafeLink offer free government phones but offer different models. If you want to get free phones, check the type of models that you can find from either company.
Switch From QLink To SafeLink
See here all The Reasons
As much both companies have similar eligibility criteria but defer in the government programs. So, those who no longer qualify for the Q Link wireless can switch to SafeLink. You will get a better chance of applying for affordable services.
2. Service Plans
Most people will want to make the switch from QLink to SafeLink because of the different service plans. Ensure you check the difference in the plans so you can be sure to choose SafeLink if it better fits you. Check if their services better fit your needs and budget so it will be worth switching.
3. Phone Selection
You may want an upgrade or a better phone selection. Yet Q Link does not offer that particular phone model. It is at this point that you should consider the switch from QLink to SafeLink wireless. Go through the list of phone models that you can get from both companies before switching.
4. Customer Service
Customers should always come first. However, one of the main ways in which companies ruin their reputation is the service. Customer service can give you a negative perspective on an organization. Therefore, since you still want affordable services, then you can switch from QLink to SafeLink.
5. Network Coverage
Locations can make a network connection to be very challenging. So, if Q Link has weak network coverage, then consider the switch. Check the coverage maps to determine how strong the connection of the company is in your areas.
6. Personal Interest
Another main reason for the switch from QLink to SafeLink is personal interest. Therefore, you will feel the need of testing and use a different telecommunication company.
Steps To Follow When Switching Q Link to SafeLink
- Check your eligibility requirements when using SafeLink wireless. Remember one of how both companies defer is in eligibility. If you qualify for the two companies then you are safe and good to go. You also need to check if you qualify for the Lifeline or ACP benefits.
- Once you have checked the eligibility criteria, ensure you check if it has the service plan and phone models you want. Going through this checklist before you switch from QLink to SafeLink will prevent regrets.
- It is okay to switch to SafeLink but the problem is if it is acceptable in your area. Ensure you are a resident of the states in which SafeLink operates. You can log in to their website to be sure of the residents that operate under SafeLink.
- At this point, call the SafeLink customer support service at (877) 785-2020. One of their agents will pick up your call and guide you on how to change the plans. Most probably, they will ask you to apply again for SafeLink wireless services. Follow the instructions the agent gives you.
- It is time for you to get a SafeLink SIM card. The agent may send the SIM card to the location address. Now that you have the SIM card, you need to get SafeLink mobile phone. Alternatively, consider getting a new phone that is in line with the card. Get a carrier-unlocked device.
Process To Install a SafeLink SIM Card
If you are new to this, do not worry because this is a good guide. Here are the steps to follow;
- First, switch off your phone before installing the SIM card
- Remove the back cover of your phone. However, on some phones, it is at the side of the phone and not back.
- Locate the section on switching SIM cards.
- Eject the old SIM card and insert the new SafeLink SIM card. The direction will be having arrows.
- Ensure the gold or yellow part is facing down.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are SafeLink Cell Phones Unlocked
By default, when you purchase a phone from SafeLink, it will be automatically unlocked. But the company has an unlocking policy. So, you can still have the option of unlocking your phone. Go to the SafeLink website https://www.safelinkwireless.com/ and you will get the terms for unlocking.
Do You Need to Purchase A New SIM Card When Switching From Q Link To SafeLink
It is not necessary to buy a new SIM card when switching Q Link to SafeLink. Although, you need to have a cellphone that is compatible with SafeLink wireless.
Switching from Q Link Wireless to SafeLink Wireless is a fairly simple process. But it’s important to carefully compare the eligibility requirements, and service plans. There are certain reasons for switching but ensure you consider the eligibility for each company before making a decision. The location of your residence is also very crucial when making the switch. By taking the time to do your research, you can ensure that you’re getting the best wireless service for your needs and budget.