Tablets are not only used for watching movies and entertainment, but also for business, education, and other productive purposes. Tablets cost at least more than $100 and not everybody can afford them easily.
The federal government has authorized specific wireless providers to offer the free Sky Devices government tablet to those who are eligible for it. The scheme is for low-income households and families for ensuring that they get access to the many different online services and facilities and can improve their life.
How to Get Free Sky Devices Government Tablet
Sky Devices is a non-governmental business organization, specializing in manufacturing devices such as smartphones and tablets. It is headquartered Miami in Florida. Products from Sky Devices are known to be durable, possess advanced features, and are manufactured in the USA. The tablets from Sky Devices are also known for the latest technology, attractive design, and affordability.
Those who are eligible under the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) and the Lifeline/Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) can get free Sky Devices and government tablets and smartphones. Lifeline is a government relief scheme and assistance program for low-income families and aims at making communications affordable for those who are not earning enough.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (initiated by Federal Communication Commission) is a federal program that funds tech devices such as smartphones and tablets and makes them accessible to low-income households. The discounts under the scheme maybe $100 for purchasing a tablet, laptop, or computer. The internet services are also discounted under the program and consumers can buy them at a $30 ($75 for the tribes) discount if they are eligible.
Eligibility for Free Sky Devices Government Tablet
Those families having an annual income less than 135% of the income at the poverty line (as laid by the federal government) are eligible for the free Sky Devices government tablet under the Lifeline program. You are also eligible for the free government tablet if you or any of your family members are a participant in any of the Federal assistance programs listed below.
- SNAP (Supplementary Nutrition Assistance Program).
- FPHA (Federal Public Housing Assistance).
- Supplementary Security Income.
- Tribal programs.
- Veteran and Survivor Pension Benefit.
You can also be eligible for the Free Sky Devices Government Tablet if you qualify for it under the ACP or Affordable Connectivity Program. The eligibility criteria for ACP are listed below.
- The household or family income is less than 200% of the value set by the poverty guidelines by the federation.
- Anyone of the family members is a participant of the Federal government assistance program (listed under Lifeline eligibility programs above).
- Anyone in the family is a recipient of the Pell Grant award.
- Any of the family members of the household participate in the school breakfast program or lunch program. These programs include the USDA’s community eligibility program.
You are also eligible for the free Sky Devices government tablet as you fulfill the requirements laid by the low-income program of the participating provider.
You can apply for the free Sky Devices government tablet online on the website of the lifeline participants and the communication service providers. However, you must ensure that you have all the relevant documents to prove your eligibility for the program.
The ACP and Lifeline providers and participants will verify your eligibility and identity based on the documents you present and submit when you apply for the phone/tablet. The documents may vary depending on the type of program under which you are applying for the free Sky Devices government tablet. Some of the important documents that may be required for obtaining the free tablet under the government scheme are listed below.
- An official document issued by the government validates that the income of the applicant is less than 200% of the income set under the poverty guidelines by the federation. These documents may include an income statement given by the employer, a pay slip, a Tribal/Federal/State tax return, social security benefit statement, a veteran benefit statement, a worker compensation statement, a child support statement, an award, a divorce decree, or any other similar document that can reveal your income.
- Any official document that shows that you are a participant in an assistance program. Some relevant documents here include the benefit verification letter, approval letter, benefit award letter, or a statement of benefits.
- An official document that shows that you are a participant of the school breakfast or lunch program and are entitled to receive benefits under it.
- An official document that can validate you being a recipient of the Pell Grant award that is awarded by the federation.
- An official document that can be used to validate that you are a recipient of the benefits under the Women, Infants, Children (WIC) program.
Important steps for Applying for the Free Sky Devices Tablet
Once you are sure of your eligibility and have the relevant documents, you can start the process of applying for the free Sky Devices tablet. Below are the important steps of the application process.
- Step 1: Apart from being eligible for the tablet under the ACP or Lifeline program, you should also be a resident of the specific state where the provider delivers the free government tablet. You must also know that the benefit is available to a single person from a household.
- Step 2: For the application and to get the free tablet, you must ensure that you choose the right provider offering the free government tablet in your state of residence. Note that you may also be entitled to receive free call, text, and data services.
- Step 3: Once you know which Sky Devices tablet provider you should choose, you can visit the official website of the provider. The provider will have an online application web form that you should fill out and submit to get the free government tablet from Sky Devices. During the application, you will have to provide all relevant details (including your name and other personal details), along with the documentation and identification proof. Apply online once you have filled in all the relevant boxes.
- Step 4: Your job is done once you have applied. You will be contacted through email if you qualify under the program. The free government tablet provider will also send you all the relevant information on receiving the free tablet. Note that the tablet is shipped directly to the address of the applicant after the application is approved.
Tablets Available under the Free Sky Devices Tablet Program
The applicant does not have any control and choice over the brand and type of tablet they will receive even when their application is approved. However below are the common tablet models that are being shipped to those who are eligible for them under the program.
Platinum View 2: The specifications of the tablet include 16 GB of internal storage (expandable to a maximum of 32GB) and 1 GB of RAM. The device has a 2400 mAh battery and a seven-inch screen. It also has a front (2MP) and a rear-facing (5MP) camera.
Platinum A7: The tablet runs on one of the latest Android 10 software editions and has a moderately powerful quad-core CPU of 1.3 GHz speed. Other specifications of the tablet include 16GB of internal storage (expandable to a maximum of 32GB) and 1 GB of RAM. The device has 2400 mAh battery.
Elite Octa: This is a smaller tablet with a 5.5-inch screen. The tablet runs on Android 6 and has 1 GB of RAM. It also has 16 GB of internal memory that can be expanded to 32GB via a microSD card. The camera at the back of the device is 13 MP and can capture good images.
Sky Vision 2: The important specifications of the device include 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage (expandable to 16GB), and a strong 2400 mAh battery. It also has a seven-inch screen and runs on Android 8.1 edition.
Elite T10: This is one of the most powerful devices available under the free Sky Devices tablet. The device has a two gigahertz octa-core processor and 4GB of RAM. It also has 64 GB of internal memory and a large 8-inch display. There is a 13 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front camera on the device.
Elite OctaMax: This is also a powerful device with an octa-core processor that can run at 1.8 gigahertz speed. The 4G-enabled device has 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory. However, the device has only a 1400 mAh battery and a small 4-inch screen.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Are free Sky Devices worth it?
The Sky Devices are much better in terms of built quality and performance when compared to other kinds of tablets. These devices have been known to offer excellent value for money and are superior when compared to the other providers.
What are the names of some of the important tablet providers partnering with Lifeline and ACP?
Some of the important providers and communication services that can offer the free sky devices tablet include Safelink Wireless, Assurance Wireless, Access Wireless, Tru Wireless, American Assistance, StandUp Wireless, and QLink Wireless. However, the providers may vary depending on the state.
You can check your eligibility for the free Sky Devices government tablet under the Lifeline and ACP programs and apply for your free tablet online. However, do remember that some providers may offer Sky Devices phones while others may provide tablets. If you are eligible for free communication services such as calls and data, the service provider will notify you. The free tablets are affordable and an effortless way to improve your quality of life and be more productive.
Here is the other offer on How to apply for NewPhone wireless free tablet