In the current world, access to digital technology has become increasingly important. The US government is taking bold steps to bridge the digital gap for low-income families. They have achieved this by implementing initiatives that provide discounted data plans and even low-price to free tablets. Unfortunately, not everyone is eligible for these benefits– i.e., they are reserved for low-income households. To demonstrate you are among the low-income group, you will have to present some proof documents like tax return forms, income statements, etc. If you qualify, you can make an application and today, in this article, we shall deeply discuss Free Government Tablet Louisiana.
How to Apply for Free Government Tablets
Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) was a program that was rolled out to provide affordable internet to the less privileged persons in society. During the Covid 19 pandemic, many individuals were affected and this made a mass of them fall below the poverty level.
During this period, access to the internet became a bit challenging which then forced the US government to offer free tablets and phones. The government was not able to do it on its own and it partnered with the already existing service providers.
The program was renamed Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and the free phones and tablets were available to households below the poverty line. Some ACP providers give eligible households a one-time discount of up to $100 when they purchase a tablet. As an eligible customer, you must however co-pay an amount higher than $10 but less than $50.
Network Providers Offering Free Government Tablet Louisiana
There are several network providers in Louisiana providing free tablets but below are some of the providers.
- Spectrum– Spectrum runs the Emergency Broadband Benefit program that provides low-income individuals with a free tablet. Apart from the tablet, you also get to enjoy other benefits like unlimited talk, text, and data at a relatively low monthly price.
- Verizon– The government partnered with Verizon to provide affordable internet to every American through Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
- AT&T– AT&T is one of the largest telecommunication companies in the US that offers phone services including free tablets to eligible households.
Qualifications For Free Government Tablet Louisiana
To qualify for the free tablet, there are some eligibility requirements. Requirements tend to differ from one service provider to the other and you will have to check with your provider for the specific requirements. Here are some conditions that must be met across all the providers.
i) Qualification By Income
To qualify based on your income, your annual revenue should be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Some providers however require individuals to be below 200% of the Federal Poverty Index. To prove your income levels, you will have to present any of the following documentation during the application.
- An income statement from your current employer.
- State or Federal tax return
- A Social Security statement of benefits.
- Unemployment compensation statement of benefits
- Retirement statement of benefits.
- A Veteran Administration statement of benefits
ii) Qualification Through Participation In Government Assistance Programs
To qualify for the ACP program, you should have participated in any of the following government assistance programs.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI )
- School Breakfast or Lunch Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- WIC Special Supplemental Nutrition Program.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
To prove you have benefited from the said programs, you should present a document showing your participation. The document should state the name of the program, your full name, and the issue date or expiry date. The documents could include:
- Statement of benefits
- An approval letter
- School documentation
- Benefit verification letter
- Benefits award letter
How To Get A Free Government Tablet
To get a free government tablet, you will have to apply via the National Verifier, your provider, or through government mail.
To Apply Via National Verifier:
Before proceeding to make an application through the National Verifier, you can fill out the pre-screening questions to ensure that you truly qualify.
- On your device, launch your preferred browser then visit National Verifier’s website.
- Log into your account or hit Sign up then fill out your details if you do not have an account.
- Once done, fill out the application form, upload the required documents then hit the Submit button.
To Apply Via The Service Provider:
Service providers like Spectrum allow direct application via their website and below are detailed steps to submit your application.
- On your mobile device, visit Spectrum’s ACP program page.
- Hit Apply now then choose your state from the dropdown menu.
- Fill out all the required details, include your proof documentation, and tap Submit now.
To Apply Via Government Mail
You can also opt to apply through the government if all of the above options are not available for you.
- Visit the Affordable Connectivity website then download the application form.
- Print the form into a physical copy then fill out all the applicable fields.
- Gather all the proof documentation then attach it to your application.
- Submit your application to ACP’s Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
After your application has been processed, you will receive a feedback mail stating whether you have qualified or not. If you qualify, you will be required to visit the provider’s website again and then pick your preferred tablet from the selections provided.
Thus far, this article has shed light on Free Government Tablet Louisiana. With a free tablet, you can use it for education, communication, and participation in the digital age. Eligibility requirements may vary depending on the service providers, but the basic requirements include income or participation in government assistance programs.
If you meet all the requirements, you should make an application and take advantage of a free tablet and discounted data plans. To ensure that your application is accepted, ensure keenly read through the guidelines of your service provider. You can even reach out to the support team if anything seems unclear.