Assurance Wireless is one of the providers of free cell phone services to low-income households in the United States. Plans offered by Assurance Wireless are designed to help low-income earners stay connected and access vital services. To receive cell phone plans from Assurance Wireless your device must be compatible with their network.
With the wide variety of phones in the market today, you may be unable to tell whether your phone is compatible or not. The good news is, there is an Assurance Wireless phone compatibility checker that allows customers to check their phone compatibility. Today in this article, we will discuss how to use it, and what to do if your phone is not compatible.
How To Check If Your Phone Is Compatible With Assurance Wireless?
With the Assurance Wireless phone compatibility checker, you can use your IMEI number to check if your phone is compatible With Assurance Wireless. IMEI, short for International Mobile Equipment Identity, is a number unique to every phone which can be used to obtain information about your phone. This compatibility checker helps you make the right decision on whether to purchase a phone plan with Assurance Wireless or not.
To get your IMEI number, dial *#06# on your phone and the 15-digit code will be displayed right away. You can also obtain it from the sticker behind the battery or get it from settings using the steps below.
- Open Settings then go to System.
- Select About phone, tap Status then clicks IMEI information.
- Once you have the 15-digit code, save it somewhere for later.
To check if your device is compatible with Assurance Wireless:
- Open your browser, visit Assurance Wireless’s website then head to the IMEI checker section.
- Type your 15-digit code then hit Check to start the check process.
Once done, you will get a pop-up indicating whether your phone is compatible or not. If it is compatible, you can grab this opportunity and apply and enjoy Assurance Wireless’s reliable 5G network coverage.
What To Do If Your Phone Isn’t Compatible
If your device is not compatible, you will need to set a budget for a new phone. If your device is not compatible, you will need to set a budget for a new phone. Since not all phones are compatible, ensure to check their compatibility before purchasing one.
While making a purchase, there are some things you can keep an eye on which increases the chances of getting a compatible phone. Sticking to popular brands such as Samsung, LG, and Motorola increases your odds of finding a compatible phone.
What Phone Are Compatible Assurance Wireless
Whether you are an iPhone or an Android user, there must be a phone model compatible with Assurance Wireless. To save you time and money we shall highlight a few compatible models together with their strengths and weaknesses.
1) Samsung Galaxy A10e
If you are a Samsung lover, A10e might be a perfect selection for you. It comes with a decent battery capacity of 3000mAh, a memory of 2GB, and an internal storage of 32 GB. With an Android 9.0 Pie OS, its portability comes in handy if you are an outdoor person. It may however not be a suitable choice if your environment or occupation revolves around water.
2) iPhone 7 Plus
iOS users also cannot be left behind as iPhone 7 Plus is compatible with Assurance Wireless. With a 2900mAh battery capacity, your phone can hold a charge for a better part of the day. Its memory of 3 GB ensures your phone handles a number of processes without lagging. Of course, you cannot skip mentioning its good camera of 12 MP and 7MP, rear and front respectively. The only downside about iOS is you may have to pay more hence a limiting factor if you’re on a budget.
3) Coolpad Snap Flip
You love old school, right? Worry no more since Coolpad Snap Flip got your back. This flip phone handles basic operations like texting and calling. Yes, it may look traditional but not its processor. The external LCD screen allows you to see notifications without opening your phone. Its 4GB internal space may however limit what you can save on your phone.
How To Apply For Assurance Wireless?
If your phone is compatible, you can apply for Assurance Wireless free phone and plans and enjoy discounted phone services. These services are however not available to everyone. Below are the general eligibility guidelines for Assurance Wireless plans:
- Be a US resident.
- Have a household income that is below or at 135% of the federal poverty guidelines or participate in a qualifying assistance program
- Have a valid government-issued photo ID or two qualifying documents to prove identity and address. Other qualifying documents include a valid driver’s license or a passport.
You can make your Assurance Wireless application by calling customer care, online, or going the old-school way– mail. To make your application online:
- On your device, visit the provider’s official website.
- Tap Apply Now then input the Zip code to check if Assurance Wireless is available in your area.
- Click Continue then choose the plan you would love to apply for.
- In the application form provided, input all the personal details required– try to be as honest as possible. Any incorrect information will make your application rejected.
- Upload all the required documents to prove your identity and income.
- Once done, go through your application one more time then hit the Submit button.
How To Unlock Assurance Wireless Phone?
If you have a phone limited to Assurance Wireless and you would love to use it on another provider, you will first have to unlock it. Before requesting the unlock code, you will have to inquire from the support agents if your phone is eligible for unlocking.
Performing an unlock will involve data loss and to avoid losing your important files and other data, back them up first. It is also important to note that once an unlock has been initiated, your warranty will be void. Here are the steps you can use to unlock Assurance Wireless Phone:
- On your mobile device, dial the Assurance Wireless customer service number i.e. 1-888-321-5880 then hold on till you talk to a live agent.
- Give a detailed explanation of your situation and the agent will ask you to prove your identity. As proof of identity, you may have to provide personal details which may include your IMEI number.
- Once identity has been verified, the agent will give an unlock code.
- Power off your device, insert the SIM card from your preferred provider then turn on your mobile phone.
- You will then be prompted to enter the unlock code, so ensure that you have entered the correct unlock code.
- To complete the unlocking, you will have to perform a system update. Go to Settings, tap About phone then click Software update.
- Tap Download and install and after the update has been downloaded, click Install then follow any further instructions thereof.
Unlocking Assurance Wireless Phone may fail if:
- Your phone is not fully paid for or is under an installment plan.
- Therefore, your device has been previously reported as lost, stolen, or used for fraudulent activities.
- Your mobile device is not among the models listed by the providers as unlockable.
- Your phone has no history of good standing e.g. it has violated the contractual terms.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Assurance Wireless Phone Compatibility Checker Take To Bring Up The Results?
Running Assurance Wireless compatibility check is instant. Since it is an online service, the time it will take for your query to be processed will be determined by your network speed. If there are delays, clear your browser’s cache then try running the check again. If your query seems not to go through, you may have to seek help from the customer support team.
Is Assurance Wireless Phone Compatibility Checker Always Accurate?
Well, questions about the accuracy of the compatibility checker always arise and the best answer, for now, is yes. From the past users who have tried running the compatibility check, a good number have seen it to be accurate. Instances of inaccuracy have not been reported yet.
Can I Check Phone Compatibility Even If I Am Not Assurance Wireless Customer?
When it comes to checking the compatibility of your phone, Assurance Wireless has never limited it to its users. Anybody can run a check provided you have your IMEI number.
If you are planning to purchase a phone and you would love to use it with Assurance Wireless, you should check its compatibility. With the Assurance Wireless phone compatibility checker, you can quickly check if the phone is compatible. All you need is an internet connection and an IMEI number.
If you do not have the IMEI, you may have to visit the provider’s website, go through the features of compatible phone models, and then purchase an exact model. If you purchased a phone limited to only the Assurance Wireless network and would love to use it on other providers, do not hesitate to unlock it.